Get to Know Illuman
Meet Other Men Committed to Becoming Better, More Authentic Men.
We foster an environment where:
- Men can speak without being judged or shamed
- Men can both speak about their emotions and be emotional
- Men can forge real and authentic relationships with other men
- Men can discuss real life challenges of the different roles we play – husband/partner, father, grandfather, provider, businessman, worker etc.
- Men who participate in our work receive support as they journey through life and face some of life’s toughest challenges and transitions. Our programs are centered in ritual experiences rather than in conceptual teachings. Illuman creates opportunities for men that we know they can’t find on their own or anywhere else.
Programs & Events
Illuman sponsors several events annually, including the Men’s Rites of Passage, the Elder Rites of Passage, and Soularize. At Illuman of Pennsylvania we encourage men to participate in these events. We also hold our own monthly councils throughout the state. These gatherings are part of what we call the Journey of Illumination which provides men with the opportunity to form bonds with other men in their community and to share life experiences in a supportive environment. Our gatherings are organized in the Way of Council which affirms the importance of listening and speaking from the heart within a circle of men. We also hold retreats and wanderings throughout the year to help engage men and further them in their spiritual journeys. You can learn more about our offerings on our events page.
Illuman has many chapters throughout the United States and Internationally.